Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mallorca= Giant Bachelor Party

Magaluf, Mallorca
All the girls
I know it has been a while and I'm really late in posting this but I have been really busy trying to thoroughly enjoy my time in Madrid since it is slowly dwindling.  Anyways here's my quote to start with... another one of my favorites!
 "You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.  What you'll discover will be wonderful.  What you'll discover is yourself." - Alan Alda

Let's be honest... Hickory, NC (I know it's not much) is definitely my city of comfort and I'm going to just go out there and say I went into the wilderness of my intuition by coming to Madrid..... it was worth it!  I have discovered things about myself and others in my life that were well worth discovering.

Maria, Melissa & I
My View














On to Mallorca.  Don't get me wrong the island of Mallorca is beautiful and the main city Palma is stunning (well worth a visit) but we stayed in nearby Magaluf (aka #1 bachelor and bachelorette party location for all people from the United Kingdom) the beaches were beautiful and we had a great time but it literally felt like we couldn't walk anywhere without a huge group of guys acting like vultures.  I know... it sounds flattering but not when it was supposed to be a relaxing weekend with 7 girls.  But sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and milk it for what it's worth.  During the day we stayed away from our conveniently located hotel filled with large bachelor parties and spent the whole time relaxing on the beach with tropical drinks in our hands (at least the first day)  Needless to say I did get my relaxation and work on my tan for the short weekend I was there.

Magaluf was a lot of fun and I think everyone there  was wanting to have a lot more crazy partying fun than we were so we attempted to keep to ourselves but that didn't really work well.  It was a great trip to learn more about me and the wonderful group of girls that I went with.  I do miss my friends back home but it will definitely be hard to be returning and not seeing some of these girls everyday.  We have our own little "family" here which has been a necessity at times. 
Laura, Me,  Melissa, Alexa & Maria

I could get used to this

We spent our last day before heading back to the airport in the main town of Palma and it was amazing.  There were little stalls set up everywhere selling all kinds of goodies.  The city was kinda shut down since it was a Sunday but it was still nice to see and enjoy.  It was very small in comparison to Madrid but I thought it was beautiful.  Apparently Palma is a playground for the rich which you could definitely see with all the yachts sitting in the harbor.  It had a little Barcelona feel with Las Ramblas but still unique in it's own way.  Mallorca is famous for its pearls so of course we looked around for pearls and did a little sightseeing in the old town.  After this trip the following weekend I went to Italy with Maria and Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment